CBCK News

CBCK News

2013 Christmas Messages of Diocesan Bishops

2014.02.06 09:43

Views:7578

Each diocesan bishop issued his Christmas Message celebrating the nativity of Baby Jesus on December 25, 2013, and urged the faithful to do their best to promote harmony, dialogue, and coexistence in the midst of a vortex of disintegration and conflict.

In his message, the Most Rev. Andrew Yeom Soo-jung, Archbishop of Seoul, said, "We should not rely solely on human and secular ways to solve the problems of the world." he continued, "We can take a step forward into the direction of harmony and communication, when we try to respect the thought and mind of others, in conformity with the words of the Lord."

In his message, the Most Rev. Hyginus Kim Hee-joong, Archbishop of Gwangju, said, "Our society is threatened by the dark power of violence." He then said, "In such a situation, we cherish and value all the more the life of the Holy Family founded on the sublime love of Jesus Christ who sacrificed even His own life for the whole humanity."

Most Rev. Thaddeus Cho Hwan-kil, Archbishop of Daegu, said, "In Christmas the Lord teaches us that happiness and peace, which all people ardently yearn for, can be achieved through kenosis and sharing, not possession." He also said, "We have to pay more attention to God and our neighbours than 'me', 'mine', and 'my thought'".

Other bishops also urged the faithful to have more concern for their neighbours, especially in this Christmas season. They said that preferential love and concern for poor neighbours are the way to abide with the Lord. They also reiterated the importance of the renewal of faith and the new evangelization on the occasion of Christmas as the starting point of the journey towards faith.

CBCK News

XE Login